Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Becoming a Runescape Pure

I have just created a new account that will be designated to being a pure. From my info on being a pure, you pretty much have to focus on two out of three skills (Melee, Range, and Magic) and must have 1 defense. The object is to have a low combat lvl, but a good second skill, and deceiving other players in pvp worlds.

I have decided on Melee and Range, assuming that becoming a Mage will be too expensive. At the moment I have level 32 range, 7 attack, and 2 strength (of course 1 defense). As you can see, i have mostly been working on range. I understand that the main purpose of being a pure is pking (player killing). Once I reach lvl 60 range, I will start on my secondary focus. Mine being melee, I will soon go for 60 attack, so i can wield a poison dragon dagger, along with some strength so I can hit fairly well. To help afford weapons, arrows, runes, and other, I picked wood cutting as my money making skill.

For an extra boost in pking, I have heard about getting the sara pages, zammy pages, guthix pages etc. Apparently this will give a really good boost in your stats. This "pages" are probaly pretty expensive, I need to get on wood cutting. My plan is to get to lvl 60, and cut yews until I have enough for a Dragon Axe. With that thing, I will cut like crazy. 

If you have any suggestions that may be helpful to a n00b pure at all, please leave a comment for me. Also, I need help on finding good places to range. If you have any places that would be suitable for a lvl 32 range, please tell.

I also hope this is a good reference for people how are also becoming a pure like me

No comments: